Cleveland Play House recently announced its subscription series lineup for 2019-2020, which will mark CPH’s 104th consecutive season.
- “Into the Breeches!” (Sept. 14 to Oct. 6), a vibrant and big-hearted comedy, marks playwright George Brant’s return to CPH
- Obie-winning playwright Dominique Morisseau’s “Pipeline” (Oct. 12 to Nov. 3) provides a look at the school-to-prison pipeline
- “Every Brilliant Thing” (Nov. 23 to Dec. 22) is an intensely personal and uplifting story about the little things that make life worth living
- “Clue, A New Comedy” (Jan. 25 to Feb. 23, 2020), making its Northeast Ohio premiere, is a murder mystery based on the cult classic film
- “Antigone” (March 28 to April 19, 2020) will provide an urgent, contemporary take on the famed Greek tragedy
- “A Doll’s House, Part 2” (April 25 to May 17), a play of fierce intellect and fiery wit, will make its Northeast Ohio premiere as well as serve as the anchor production of the 2020 New Ground Theatre Festival
In addition to the six-play subscriber series, “A Christmas Story” (Nov. 29 to Dec. 23) will return during the holiday season.
“CPH’s 2019-20 season is a celebration of people coming together to make a more inclusive, joyous and compassionate world,” said Laura Kepley, CPH artistic director, in a news release. “In the plays, we will see people come together to create, to fight injustice, to honor family, to lift each other up and to blaze trails for future generations. There are also plays that focus on the forces that drive people apart. We look at the dangerous consequences of polarization and isolation that can drive us to dehumanize those on ‘the other side.’
“We invite Northeast Ohio to come together at Cleveland Play House for a thrilling, mind-expanding and emotionally moving season full of comedy, drama, mystery and more!”
Subscriptions to CPH’s 2019-20 season are on sale now. Subscribers save up to 30 percent off individual ticket prices and receive benefits throughout the season. To purchase subscriptions or to receive more information, call 216-400-7096 or visit clevelandplayhouse.com.
Lead image: The audience at Allen Theatre (Cleveland Play House).