Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine, Lt. Gov. Jon Husted and Ohio Department of Development Director Lydia Mihalik announced more than $23 million in support of Ohio arts organizations May 12.
Awarded as part of the first round of the Ohio Arts Economic Relief Grant Program, 139 organizations in 35 counties across the state will receive grants.
“Ohio’s arts communities are an integral part of why Ohio stands out as a great place to live and a great place to visit,” DeWine said in a news release. “These grants will help ensure that communities continue to have access to the programming and learning experiences Ohioans love.”
Grant funds will go toward employee compensation and recruitment, rehiring, training expenses, rent or mortgage payments, and operating costs.
In Cuyahoga County, the following 30 organizations are receiving grants:
- BlueWater Chamber Orchestra
- BorderLight Festival
- Cassidy Theatre
- Chagrin Arts
- CityMusic Cleveland
- Cleveland Botanical Garden
- Cleveland Chamber Choir
- Cleveland Choral Arts Association
- Cleveland Modern Dance Association
- Cleveland Philharmonic Orchestra
- Cleveland Pops Orchestra
- Cleveland Public Theatre
- Dobama Theatre Inc
- Fred and Laura Ruth Bidwell Foundation
- FRONT Exhibition
- Great Lakes Theater Festival, Inc.
- Karamu House
- Kulture Kids
- Local 4 Music Fund
- Maelstrom Collaborative Arts
- Modern Warrior LIVE
- Near West Theatre Inc.
- Northeast Ohio Musical Heritage Association
- Suburban Symphony Orchestra
- The Brecksville Theatre
- The Cleveland Women’s Orchestra
- The Musical Theater Project
- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame & Museum, Inc.
- West Shore Chorale
In Summit County, the following seven organizations are receiving grants:
- Apollo’s Fire: The Cleveland Baroque Orchestra
- Bluecoats Drum & Bugle Corps, Inc.
- Center for Applied Theater and Active Culture
- Community Hall Foundation Inc
- The Hudson Players Guild, Inc.
- Western Reserve Historical Society
- Youth Excellence Performing Arts Workshop
The full list of organizations receiving grants and the amounts can be found here.